• 1675 - Marquette founds a mission at the Great Village near Utica, IL

    1818 - December 3 - Illinois becomes the 21st State

    1832 - After the Blackhawk War, English men entered Illinois Territory and surveyed it for homesteading

    1835 - The Englishmen called their homestead Sara’s Grove

    1840 - Second Christmas Day - The first Lutheran service was in Schween's barn

    1846 - July - Reverend Simon Dumsen conducted services

    1847 - St. Peter Lutheran Church and School formally organized, and Reverend Francis Hoffman was called to become pastor and teacher

    1850 - Sara’s Grove was renamed, "Schaumburg schall et heiten!"

    1851 - Reverend Francis Hoffman resigned, and extended its call to the Reverend J. Nicholas Volkert of Highland Grove

    1858 - Pastor Volkert accepted a call to Lafayette County, Missouri

    1858 - St. Peter calls the Reverend Frederick Richmann of Grand Rapids, Michigan

    1860 - October 10 - St. Peter accepted into the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod

    1861 - April 12 - The Civil War broke out between the South and the North

    1862 - Pastor Richmann (as chaplain) joins members of St. Peter who joined the Union Army - 58th Regiment of Ohio Volunteers

    1863 - May 12 - St. Peter placed the cornerstone of the historic church

    1865 - April 9 - The Civil War ends

    1869 - Pastor Richmann resigned to join St. John in Elgin, IL

    1869 - October 17 - Reverend Henry Schmidt of Dundee, Illinois installed as Pastor

    1883 - Reverend Henry Schmidt accepts a call to serve in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

    1883 - November 25 - Reverend Gustaf Mueller of Kankakee, Illinois was installed as Pastor

    1886 - September - East District School was organized and started on the corner of Schaumburg and Rohlwing Roads

    1888 - West District School was built on the church property (now the Red School)

    1899 - A new school district was formed with St. John on Rodenburg Road

    1904 - Lighting hit the historic church’s steeple and set it on fire

    1905 - Pastor Mueller resigned after 22 years

    1906 - April 29 - The Reverend Gottlob Theiss was called from Hampton, Iowa, and installed as Pastor

    1914 - July 28 - WWl starts

    1918 - February - Spanish Flu broke out in Kansas and spread to Illinois and other states

    1918 - November 11 - WW I ended

    1929 - Electricity added into the church

    1932 - The church began to remove the horse sheds and turned the area into a parking lot

    1932 - Services conducted in English once per month

    1935 - The Reverend Theiss was called to his heavenly home

    1935 - November 3 - the congregation called the Reverend Carl Pfotenhauer of Vernon, British  Columbia, Canada

    1939 - September 1 - World War II started when Germany invaded Poland 

    1940 - Pastor Pfotenhauer received and accepted the call to Zion, Chicago

    1940 - June 2 - The Reverend Martin Behling of Pingree Grove, Illinois, was installed

    1941 - December 7 - U.S. enters WWII

    1944 - June 6 - Allies invade Normandy and start D-day

    1945 - May 8 - Germany surrenders to the Allies bringing an end to WW II in Europe

    1945 - Japan surrenders, bringing an end to the War in the Pacific

    1946 - 100 English hymnals were purchased

    1947 - St. Peter celebrates 100th Anniversary

    1948 - Congregational meetings conducted in English

    1948 - Pastor Behling accepted a call to Decatur, Indiana

    1949 - January 30 - The Reverend Frederick A. Hertwig from Holy Cross in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, installed as Pastor

    1949 - East and West School Districts were consolidated - Red School expansion

    1959 - Pastor Hertwig accepted a call to St. John of Edgerton, Wisconsin

    1960 - March 6 - The Reverend John R. Sternberg from Memorial, Vancouver, Washington installed as Pastor

    1960 - November - Cornerstone laid for new building with four classrooms, library, office and gymnasium

    1963 - School addition including six more classrooms, kitchen, cafeteria, and offices

    1970 - All Services conducted in English

    1972 - St. Peter celebrats 125th Anniversary

    1974 - July 14 - the Reverend George K. Krestik of Herrington, Kansas, was called and 

                Installed

    1978  - Pastor Krestik accepted a call to Greensboro, North Carolina

    1978 - December 10 - The Reverend Fred C. Ade from Good Shepherd, Frankfort, Illinois, was installed as Associate Pastor

    1979 - September 16 - Ascension Lutheran Mission in Elk Grove Village started

    1986 - Contemporary "Service of Praise" held each Sunday in the school gymnasium

    1990 - Reverend John R. Sternberg retired from full time service at St Peter after 30 years

    1992 - February 2 - Reverend David P. Hudak from Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Streator, Illinois installed as Administrative Pastor

    1995 - June 25 - dedication of New Sanctuary

    1997 - Reverend Eldor W. Richter becomes part-time pastoral assistant

    1997 - St. Peter celebrates 150th Anniversary

    2000 - A connecting building was added between church and school

    2001 - September 11 - Terrorists commit attack on Twin Towers

    2002 - In December of 2002 the Reverend Fred C. Ade was called home to be with the Lord

    2005 - September 11 - Reverend William C. Cate of Rockford, Illinois was installed 

    2007 - Church narthex was redecorated with ceramic, slate style tile, wall covering and new furniture

    2009 - Matthew B. Peterson was assigned to St. Peter as a “convertible” vicar

    2010 - The Reverend Matthew B. Peterson was ordained and called to St. Peter

    2011 - Mathew B. Peterson was called to his heavenly home. 

    2012 - Pastor Hudak retires from the ministry

    2012 - The Reverend Jerry Hays installed as Senior Pastor

    2013 - The Reverend Gregory M. Hintz installed as Associate Pastor

    2020 - March 2020 - Covid-19 broke out

    2022 - October 2 - St. Peter Lutheran celebrates 175th anniversary