From July 18th-25th we will be serving God's people in Appalachia, one of the most impoverished regions of the U.S.
Here's what you need to know about this life-changing experience:
- The cost is $500 per youth. Meals, lodging, and travel are included. If that seems high, be aware that we host various fundraisers throughout the year and raise an average of $300 per youth that can be credited toward your trip. Some youth even raise enough to pay for their whole trip!
- We will serve in Mingo County, West Virginia. We will provide simple home repair & Christ-centered kids programming for their community.
- Lodging will be in a church, school, or community center. We sleep on the floor of gender-separated rooms so sleeping bags and air mattresses are encouraged.
- We will travel via 15 passenger vans. July 18th and 25th are travel days. The 19th through the 23rd are work days. The 24th will be a "Fun Day" where we do a special activity as a group.
- We need adults to help lead the trip. Ted will be the primary trip leader but he needs assistance from a few more adults (25 years or older). Responsibilities for adult leaders include but are not limited to attending pre-trip meetings, driving, supervising, and working alongside the youth at the worksites. Leaders do NOT have to pay the trip cost.
- Current 8th graders are eligible for this trip. They will be considered freshmen in high school at the time of the trip.
- Limited spots available! First come, first serve! Secure your spot today with a $50 non-refundable deposit.
- Registration deadline is December 8th. Turn in your non-refundable $50 deposit to register.
- Our first team meeting is on December 8th. Those going on the trip will meet from 12:30-1:30 PM in the youth room. Youth participants and at least one parent should attend.